BR-KSA-08 Warning despite Seller ID only entered once

Dear ZATCA team,

Can you please explain this business rule? It even appears on Invoices that have one Seller ID (VAT Number) only, making the warning message slightly confusing:

[BR-KSA-08] WARNING: The seller identification (BT-29) must exist only once with one of the scheme ID (BT-29-1) (CRN, MOM, MLS, SAG, OTH, 700) and must contain only alphanumeric characters. Commercial Registration number with ‘CRN’ as schemeID. Momrah license with ‘MOM’ as schemeID. MHRSD license with ‘MLS’ as schemeID. 700 Number with ‘700’ as schemeID. MISA license with ‘SAG’ as schemeID . Other OD with ‘OTH’ as schemeID.In case of multiple commercial registrations, the seller should fill the commercial registration of the branch in respect of which the Tax Invoice is being issued. In case multiple IDs exist then one of the above must be entered following the sequence specified above.

Hi @ibrahimshareef

I am the ordinary user (same as you). Without any INPUT information nobody can help you and understand the issue. It seems this issue is happening only with your data (because other people do not complain) therefore your input is invalid probably.

In order to help you, please provide your XML input (you can provide fake/masked) input or change some values to not provide the data of your customer. Also it would be enough to provide only “affected” XML part, in your case it will be AccountingSupplierParty

Best regards,
Sergei

Hi Sergei,

Thank you for clarifying.

When I wrote the question, I was under the impression that it is sufficient for Tax Payers to, in the Accounting Supplier Party, only populate Supplier VAT Number.

With this Business Rule, am I correct to understand that Suppliers now need to enter both Supplier VAT and Supplier CR/Other Seller ID?

Thank you for your clarification and assistance in advance!

Hi @ibrahimshareef

I am not anyhow connected to ZATCA, but I have checked how we are using it and we make Seller Identification required. Tried to remove it and got exactly the same error BR-KSA-08. I would recommend to use CRN as company should have it

Hopefully helped you in some way. Cannot guarantee the correctness of the answer, it would be good if someone for ZATCA side could comment on it. As in the data-dictionary this tag is marked 0..* and KSA status = C (conditional) in all documents. But at the same time visibility of this tag on all documents is stated as required.

Best regards,
Sergei

In the continuation of the chat, I would like to highlight that from today morning that ‘Warning’ now converted into an error/rejection, can someone please provide clarity on this, below is the message for the reference-:

" BR-KSA-08
[BR-KSA-08]-The seller identification (BT-29) must exist only once with one of the scheme ID (BT-29-1) (CRN, MOM, MLS, SAG, OTH, 700) and must contain only alphanumeric characters. Commercial Registration number with “CRN” as schemeID. MOMRAH license with “MOM” as schemeID. MHRSD license with “MLS” as schemeID. 700 Number with “700” as schemeID. MISA license with “SAG” as schemeID. Other OD with “OTH” as schemeID. In case of multiple commercial registrations, the seller should fill the commercial registration of the branch in respect of which the Tax Invoice is being issued. In case multiple IDs exist then one of the above must be entered following the sequence specified above."

@Ankit_Tiwari

Dear @Sanjay can you please share the exact “Error” code and message here. BR-KSA-08 is a warning not error.

I can confirm that BT-KSA-08 is warning and not preventing the application to report.

@Ankit_Tiwari , could you please clarify, if this field is required or not, otherwise this warning does not make any sense… In the documentation it is stated that it is not required (conditional) and if you omit it, the warning raised which is completely misleading…

Best regards,
Sergei

@Ankit_Tiwari It’s surprising form me as well, but unfortunately it’s falling into an error from yesterday.
Even I have verified the Schema files from SDK with the name “20210819_ZATCA_E-invoice_Validation_Rules.xsl” and found “BR-KSA-08” is considered as an error not warning, please find below screenshot for your reference-:

@Sanjay from where did you get this XML? It is not what ZATCA api returning. Is it the response from ZATCA provided SDK?
As we are not using SDK but our own self-hosted implementation, I can validate that BR-KSA-08 returned as warning for us.

Best regards,
Sergei